Skip to main content

How to start this off...

I have been meaning to begin this blog for years now, after the many lives I have lived and things I have seen in them I guess its pretty overdue by now...
Not sure if its a bad case of writers block or not, but Ive always had issues putting emotions into words so weather or not people get my rants, here goes... typed through my partially working Japanese keypad

I was born in New Zealand in 1983 and shortly after that brief sepell in the 80s I spent most of the 1990s in what was then British Hong Kong. This experience had many highs and lows but moreover it changed the course of my life from what may have been a mediocre one- and that is by Wellington standards.

I was destined to be - according to my father anyhow- a superstar rugby player who would graduate from Oxford University with a law or accounting masters and train for the military at Sandhurst!
Sadly this was drummed into me so hard as a kid by a man I hated that these things became the last things I wanted to be- I was naturally inclined to become an Engineer focusing on electrical and mechanical, however as a teen I had no money after I left home at 16 and ended up becoming a commercial electrician.
My career pays ok in certain areas of the game and even though we trades people are silently considered to be a lower class of person by the pen pushers and financial manipulators, it certainly took me from a broke teenager living in a car to a grown man who owns his own home.

Music of most genres has always been a passion and an obsession, Im an audiophile, you know, the music equivalent of a boy racer who puts $10k wheels on a $500 dollar car- we will happily spend $50k on an audio system but cant bare the thought of  putting it into a bigger house!

I have just completed a decent overseas trip that took me from the sleepy district of Kapiti New Zealand to the New South Wales Bushfires, the Hong Kong Riot aftermath and good old Japan and will begin posting up some stories about this and of my past life, highs ,lows, near death experiences, terrifying coincidences, betrayals, crime, sex scandals, the works- check back every 6 months or so...

Regards,

Mike the Wombat

Comments